Race across the USA

Race across the USA
Beginning January 16, 2015 an international team of athletes will cross the United States on foot with the goal of inspiring a generation

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Race Across the USA

Yesterday September 23rd 2014 I found out I was accepted to be part of a core group of runners to race across United States 120 marathons in 140 days starting on my 36th birthday January 16th 2015.


Myself along with a group of amazing athletes will be running 3,080 miles from Huntington Beach California to Washington D.C.  Along the way we will be joined by other runners who will be participating in shorter races across each of 12 states.

Why are we doing this?
The race is fundraiser for a charity I hold close to my heart.
Mission Statement
The 100 Mile Club® provides the opportunity to run or walk 100 miles at school during a single school year which improves school readiness to learn, creates better education outcomes, building self-esteem and the overall health in the lives of children and others.
I absolutely love the 100 mile club and have seen it change the lives of young children.
 Childhood obesity is an epidemic in the country. 
That's me age 11
I was an obese child who never liked running as a kid/ I wish there was organization like the 100 mile club for me to have been a part of.
We need to do whatever we can to encourage kids to live a healthy life and be active and joining the 100 mile club is a great start
Over the years with the help of my great family and friends I have raised $1,000's of Dollars for the 100 mile club. I hope to continue to do so with your support.  In fact on Oct 17th I will be running in the 100 mile endurance challenge an Urban Ultra Marathon another fund raiser for the 100 mile club.
Needless to say I am overwhelmed with excitement to be chosen as part of the team!
But 
I first  need to find companies that have my back and want to be part of my team.  I am looking for sponsorship at all levels and open to any creative Ideas?

The event is 140 days long and will have quite a bit of media exposure.  From a P.R. standpoint sponsoring and event like this seems like a no brainier to me?  Every Little bit counts and if you can help in any way please let know

Please Contact me at 
310-773-9896
Teameldo@hotmail.com
Patrick Sweeney

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment